Sunday, December 6, 2009

What a MESS!!

A few weeks back Connor saw a rice krispy gingerbread house kit and wanted to do it. I thought what a cute idea! Connor had so much fun making his 'spooky house' and was even more exicted about this. I love rice krispy treats BUT when you are not eating them, they are a mess. I sucked it up and made the house (which didn't even look like a house). The first words out of Connor's mouth were "Why isn't it standing up?" Nope.... it wasn't 3-D. That's OK because we will make it look good. So I let Connor go at it. He had so much fun with the icing and candy. Along the way, I said a few times "Can we please just throw away and get a real gingerbread house?" He was not going for it. So, he used all the icing and candy and turns to me and says "OK , Mommy your turn. Now we need windows, doors and a circle (which was the wreath)." Seriously? I explained that there was no room for those AND he had already used all of the materials. He was truly disappointed. So we kept it long enough to show Daddy and then in the trash it went. YES, we went and bought a REAL gingerbread kit. Lesson learned. :)

Decorating!

Yes, this is the finished product. I promise I read all the instructions!

We were impressed how well he put the icing on. It was nice just to supervise.

A thumbs up at the finished product!!!

No comments: